Thursday, February 28, 2013

Why I workout...

I have a lot of people ask me how I stay motivated or why I workout when we all die in the end. Honestly, my answer is this, sorry it's going to be long.

 Staying Motivated--I stay motivated because there is a long, family history of disease that ranges from high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer. Also, I love how I feel when I'm exercising and eating right. I don't always eat 100% on point, but a majority of the time I do. My body feels strong, it feels empowered. I hate how I feel when I'm slow, run down, and all in all lazy. I didn't like when I was overweight. My self confidence was lacking and I was holding myself back. This doesn't mean it's been easy, but it's been worth it. Every drip of sweat has been worth it.

Why I workout--I don't want to live my life dependent on drugs to keep me going or extend my life. I don't want to live in such a way that I have to say to myself that I could have prevented some of these from happening. I know genetics has a role in some forms of disease, but I do not let that define my life in that I just give up trying to fight to keep them away. If I CAN do something about it, then why not? Why not say I fought to live the fullest, healthiest life? Why not leave a legacy for my children that their mother wanted to live as long as she could with them and show them they are capable of anything they want in life?

 I also workout because as a personal trainer, that's what I do. I lead by example. I'm not one of those lucky people born with a thin body, I'm one of those lucky people born that has had to work for their body. I've earned every muscle, I've earned every calorie. I'm still learning as I go too. I'm learning to eat cleaner and fueling my body the way it needs to be. I'm pushing my body to be stronger in the way it responds the most. I'm teaching it to enjoy work. After all that's what are bodies are for, WORK! They are creating energy everyday for us to do work. Why let that hard work go to waste? I workout because I love seeing results from improving my body one repetition at a time. I workout because others have seen my progress and it motivates them to do the same. It doesn't have to be fast results, slow and steady is what wins the race of life. Slow and steady wins the race of fitness. You don't become an athlete overnight. You don't become a bodybuilder overnight. Nothing is a quick a fix or a quick result, well anything that has a lasting result.

 I hope I can help everyone that stops by realize they are capable. They ARE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING! It doesn't have to be a fitness or health related aspect that they wish to achieve. I just want everyone to know THEY CAN and THEY WILL if they just keep trying. Success is falling down seven times and getting up eight. You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment